Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is nestled deep inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in southwest Uganda. This camp is one of the most remote and atmospheric in Africa.
Why Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
- Frequently visited by gorilla families due to its unique location
- Exclusive camp with only eight tents, the perfect base for a once in a lifetime trip to track mountain gorillas
- Opportunity for community interaction, including the local Batwa Pygmies
- Specially customised sedan chairs with support and harness allows less able guests to be carried into the rainforest to track the gorillas in their natural habitat
- An established philanthropy project at Bwindi Community Hospital which guests can visit
Stay Longer, Pay Less
Enjoy extra on your safari getaway with Sanctuary Retreats’ extended stay offer in 2017, when you stay at one or more of our properties depending on your season of travel:
- Stay 3-4 nights & save up to 30%
- Stay 5-7 nights & save up to 35%
- Stay 8+ nights & save up to 40%
To find out more about this offer, please refer to the rates of each of our properties.
Our fully inclusive rates give you the opportunity to combine several of our properties into one safari experience, with discounts of up to 40% if you stay for longer with us.
Single supplement, child rates and third adult rates will be quoted upon request.
|Per person per night sharing, in USD||Length of stay|
|2017 Dates||1-2 Nights||3-4 Nights||5-7Nights||8+ Nights|
|Valid from:||Valid to:||Room Type: Luxury Tent|
|6 January||31 March||$480||$432||$384||$336|
|1 April||20 June||$380||$266||$247||$228|
|21 June||30 September||$620||$589||$558||$527|
|1 October||31 October||$480||$432||$384||$336|
|1 November||20 December||$380||$266||$247||$228|
|21 December||5 January 2018||$620||$589||$558||$527|
- All meals
- All drinks (excluding premium brands)
- Community walk
- Concession fees (for 2016)
- Premium alcoholic drinks
- Gorilla permits
- Transfers to and from airstrips
- Gratuities to driver / guides and staff
- All items of a personal nature, telephone calls and curio shop purchases
- Medical insurance
- Concession fees (for 2015)
We welcome children of all ages at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp.
- Children aged 2 and younger stay free of charge
- Children aged 3 – 15 pay child reduction rate when sharing with 2 full paying adults – please enquire for more details.
- In all other circumstances children pay the applicable adult fare.
- Children aged 15 and younger are required to share with their parents.
- The minimum age for gorilla trekking is 15 years
Maximum of 15kg of luggage per person is allowed for light aircraft flights, including hand luggage and camera equipment. Please ensure that all luggage is soft-sided.