Kyambura Gorge Lodge; This eclectic contemporary safari lodge, fully upgraded during 2018 with entirely remodelled public areas and gardens, has been converted from an old coffee store to create a breathtakingly beautiful space. The lodge is located on the edge of Queen Elizabeth National Park with sweeping views of the rolling savanna, the distant mountains of the moon, and the sunken Kyambura Gorge.
The stylish bandas also have a contemporary theme with the accent on local artifacts re-imagined in a new context. Each banda offers a unique view either across the savanna or the gorge. 4 Deluxe Bandas have been launched in June 2019. The swimming pool has been redesigned and upgraded. A new spa has been launched.
Kyambura Gorge Lodge is the ideal location for tracking the lost chimps in the sunken forest of Kyambura Gorge nearby and seeing the amazing game in one of Africa’s most beautiful and varied parks, centred around the waterway of the Kazinga Channel where animals come to bathe. The park has six hundred amazing bird species, the highest in an African park.
We launched the Kyambura Gorge Eco-tourism project in February 2019, a series of community and conservation activities developed since 2009 to safeguard the Kyambura Gorge ecosystem.
New walking safaris have been created around the lodge to experience the dramatic landscapes of Kyambura gorge and the Queen Elizabeth savannah, and visit a reclaimed wetland. Guests can walk along the Kyambura gorge buffer zone we have created to protect the fragile ecosystem from encroachment and contribute to its long-term conservation project by planting a seedling.
- Eight unique luxury bandas, reflecting the local building style.
- En-suite luxury shower rooms with flushing toilet, double vanity, shower with hot and cold running water.
- Personal butler service for all guests.
- All bandas have mosquito nets, 240v lighting, charging stations and a private balcony.
- Bandas are individually named after the Kyambura Gorge chimpanzees.
- Swimming pool and new spa (to be launched in 2019).
- 1 guide cottage available.
- Wi-Fi is available in the main lodge building.
Activities at Kyambura Gorge Lodge
- Chimpanzee Tracking
- Game Drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Lion Research Safari
- Tree Climbing Lions
- Boat Cruise
- Community Coffee Tour
- Rwenzori Sculpture Gallery
- Rwenzori Mountains Trek