Kabaka’s Lake is the largest man-made lake in Uganda, It was constructed by the 52 clans of Buganda from 1885 -1888 during the reign of Ssekabaka Mwanga 11. The plan of the king was to construct a channel wide enough for him to travel by boat to Lake Victoria for swimming and fishing and staying at another palace he had built at Mulungu hill near Lake Victoria, The channel would also serve as an escape waterway in the event of armed conflict with the British. The construction was, however, abruptly disrupted and stopped on 2nd August 1888 before the channel could reach Munyonyo because of the religious war which broke out in the kingdom.
Today the lake occupies an area of around 2 square km and about 200 feet deep on an average and a home to many bird species, and is recognized as an important conservation site.
Located in Ndeeba between Ring Road and Nabunya Road, It is 5 km from the Kampala City center.